Production Team Member, Chase,
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as
a Production Team Member in Chase. Starting rate for this
position is $33.04 per hour.
Applicants should live in
or be willing to relocate to the Adams/Shuswap Lake area. This is not a camp
or remote work facility.
What You’ll Do
- Successful candidates will train in various areas of the mill.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner while following all safety rules and regulations.
- Work as a member of the production team doing a variety of jobs across the site.
- Work outside or in buildings without temperature control.
What You Offer
- Highly motivated self-starter with a safety conscious attitude.
- Ability to work in a demanding fast paced production environment.
- Available to work days, afternoon, graveyard, or weekend shifts.
- Able to work in an environment that includes exposure to weather, moving mechanical parts, and noise.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work in labour and production roles.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication.
- Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise.
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process would be an asset.
Who We Are
Interfor is a
growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products
markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood
products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class
facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value
for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable
forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building
materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to
learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the
largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting
directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local
stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by
offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development,
and great benefits.
We want you to grow your
career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track
record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start
Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more
Life in Adams Lake
Located in southern British Columbia, Adams Lake is surrounded by
forest-covered mountainsides making it an ideal location for outdoor
adventurers who enjoy snowmobiling, snowshoeing, hiking, off-roading, fishing,
kayaking, hunting, water sports, camping, and more. Nestled by the western
gateway of the spectacular Shuswap Lake system, Adams Lake is located
approximately 25km from Chase, a vibrant and progressive community of
approximately 2,600 residents. Chase is located 58km east of Kamloops (pop.
103,150), 45km west of Salmon Arm (pop. 20,100), and 19km west of Sorrento
We appreciate the interest
of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment
drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or