Production Supervisor, Longview, Washington
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Supervisor for our sawmill in Longview, WA. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for all functions related to the productive, safe flow of lumber throughout the different areas of the mill.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain the highest standards with respect to safety by leading by example and ensuring that the team follows all policies, procedures, practices and regulations.
- Manage and identify opportunities to improve productivity, reduce cost, and maximize the quality, value, and recovery of lumber produced.
- Engage production and maintenance workers to achieve targets, meet expectations, and address deficiencies in a productive and professional manner.
- Ensure quality standards are met throughout the manufacturing process.
- Foster a culture of open and respectful communication.
- Engage and support team members to achieve excellence in all areas of the business.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary education (minimum high school diploma).
- Minimum of 3 years working in a sawmill.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and experience within lumber manufacturing and sawmill operations.
- Lumber grading ticket and familiarization with optimization is an asset.
- Ability to work swing shift.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership abilities and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Desire to lead and support a talented team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- The ability to work different shifts.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.