Production Supervisor (In Training), Nairn Centre, Ontario
When you join our team as a Production Supervisor (In Training), you will acquire knowledge and experience over a 12 to 18 months term while familiarizing yourself with all areas of the process. You will be developing the skills necessary to directly manage a team and supervise production activities and thus contribute to the success of the plant.
What You’ll Do
- Achieve general knowledge of daily production with emphasis on efficiency, quality and safety standards.
- Gain an understand of the facility layout and production processes.
- Work alongside production employees to gain a working knowledge of the mill equipment and operations, in addition you will gain exposure to yard, planning and inventories, shipping, quality control, maintenance.
- Develop efficient communication techniques in order to lead direct reports with work instructions, training and cross-training for all production positions and assist with evaluating employee performance.
- Foster information sharing and communication within teams, skills development, strengthen employee engagement, autonomy and accountability.
- Participate in conflict resolution.
- Supervise training for personnel regarding job duties, orientation & safety, equipment requirement to ensure proper functions of assigned duties.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and refer to Safety programs, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Understand, interpret and apply the principles of labor relations and clauses of the collective agreement.
- Participate in the production planning process and assist with troubleshooting issues.
- Perform reporting and administrative activities related to the role.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What You Offer
- Post-Secondary diploma or collegial degree in wood products or forestry field or equivalent.
- Have minimal Supervisory or lead hand experience in an industrial, manufacturing or in a wood products manufacturing environment.
- Have experience in a unionized environment.
- Have relevant achievements and training in health and safety.
- Knowledge and skills in IT tools and the use of production systems.
- Must be available to work flexible schedules to meet the operational needs.
- Curiosity, judgment and excellent learning abilities.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Team player, Analytical and Result-Oriented.
- Integrity, thoroughness and professionalism.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.