Production Supervisor, Val-d’Or, Quebec
Superintendent, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for
direct supervision and monitoring of production employees, procedures and
Also, the incumbent will be
expected to lead improvements in safety, productivity and quality in the
department for continuous improvements.
- Must continually monitor and accommodate the mix of primary resources of wood, manpower and machinery to ensure optimum value and quality.
- Prepare and present production reports and analysis for production follow-up. (shift reports, time sheets, manning).
- To monitor machinery and equipment performance and report any mechanical deficiencies to maintenance personnel.
- Assist in maintenance prioritization and planning activities to minimize downtime and departmental communication and coordination of activities.
- Make recommendations concerning modifications to existing equipment or processes and/or the acquisition or disposition of physical assets to maximize production results.
- Monitor and follow-up on determined performance indicators (health and safety frequency, fiber consumption, transformation costs, hourly productivity, product quality, on-time delivery).
- Lead and motivate the workforce in executing all activities directed towards a safe, productive, and efficient planer operation.
- Participate in the operation of the roundwood yard and the selection of equipment in order to maximize operating results and meet standards (safety, productivity, quality and costs);
- Implicated with other departments to ensure quality requirements of the mill are met and exceeded.
- Identify and promote employees training and tools implementation for better operational results.
- Identify and recommend long term changes to production targets, products and flow.
- Engage personnel and ensure performance evaluation process with employees.
- Ensure that safety issues/concerns (addressed through workplace inspections and monthly Safety Contacts) are adequately performed and that any issues requiring follow-up are attended to in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all Environmental regulations, both company and government are followed without exception.
What You Offer
- Post Secondary diploma or college degree in wood products with at least 5 years of experience as Sawmill Supervisor or manufacturing.
- Experience in managing a team of Operational Technician and general labor in unionized environment;
- Strong experience in employee performance management
- Knowledge of continuous improvement principles of Sawmill/Planer operation.
- Proven Health and Safety accountability and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
- Knowledgeable on lumber manufacturing including equipment, processes and products
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken French; English is an asset.
- Advanced computer skills, usage of integrated Sawmill systems.
- Available for a work schedule from Monday to Thursday on day and night shift rotation (4-3)
- Demonstrate Mobilizing leadership
- Result-Oriented and Team player
- Good organizational and Time management skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Good communication and coaching skills
- Strong ethic, integrity and judgment.
is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products
markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood
products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class
facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value
for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable
forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building
materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to
learn more about our approach to sustainability.
is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing
in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute,
grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring
to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive
want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training
programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of
opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development
Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an
interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must
successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor
is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability.