Production Supervisor, Grand Forks, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for overall operation and performance of the sawmill or planermill and will work closely with other areas of the business to optimize the production performance of the operation.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain the highest standards with respect to safety at all times, leading by example and ensuring the team follows all policies, procedures, practices and regulations.
- Manage and identify opportunities to improve productivity, reduce cost, and maximize the quality, value, and recovery of lumber produced.
- Engage production and maintenance workers to achieve targets, meet expectations, and address deficiencies in a productive and professional manner.
- Ensure quality standards are met throughout the manufacturing process.
- Foster a culture of open and respectful communication.
- Engage and support team members to achieve excellence in all areas of the business.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- 3 years of sawmill experience or a track record of strong team leadership.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and experience within lumber manufacturing and sawmill operations is preferred.
- Familiarization with machine maintenance/repair and optimization is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership abilities and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Desire to lead and support a talented team in a fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.