Production Supervisor, Timmins, Ontario
When you join our team as a Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for the direct supervision and
monitoring of Sawmill Production Employees, procedures, and objectives. Also, you will be expected to lead
improvements in safety, productivity and quality in the sawmill department for
What You’ll Do
- Ensure that safety issues and concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure Safety inspections are completed per company policy and or government policy.
- Conduct Safety and Crew talks – delivery of company and shift information, while listening to employee concerns, while addressing them accordingly.
- Monitor and Maintain production volume, yield, quality and uptime.
- Prepare production reports, payroll, scheduling, including Overtime and various other reports.
- To monitor machinery and equipment performance and report any mechanical deficiencies to maintenance personnel.
- Assist in maintenance prioritization and planning activities to minimize downtime and departmental communication and coordination of activities.
- Monitor and follow-up on performance indicators (health and safety, fiber consumption, conversion costs, hourly productivity, and product quality)
- Lead and motivate the workforce in executing all activities directed towards a safe, productive, and efficient sawmill operation.
- Meet with planer department to ensure rough green lumber & quality requirements are met and to ensure maximum recovery and grade outturns.
- Identify and promote employee training for better operational results.
- Identify and recommend long term changes to production targets, products and flow.
- Engage personnel and solve interpersonal issues that could arise within department and responsible for performance evaluation process with Sawmill production employees.
- Ensure that all Environmental regulations, both company and government are followed without exception.
What You Offer
- Post Secondary diploma or collegial degree in wood products or forestry field with at least 3-5 years of experience as Sawmill Supervisor.
- Strong knowledge and experience in employee performance management and continuous improvement.
- Strong Experience in employee performance management.
- Experience in a unionized environment, would be an asset.
- Knowledgeable on lumber manufacturing including equipment, processes, and products.
- Advanced computer skills, usage of integrated Sawmill production systems.
- Proven Health and Safety accountabilities and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English; French would be an asset.
- Result-oriented and a team player.
- Good organizational, communication and coaching skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package. We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.