Production Supervisor, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
When you join our team as a Production Supervisor, reporting to the Mill Superintendent, you
will be responsible for direct supervision and monitoring of production
employees, procedures and objectives.
Also, you will be expected to lead improvements in safety, productivity
and quality in the production department for continuous improvements.
What You’ll Do
- Review general status of production schedules according to sales volume, inventory requirement and material availability and if necessary, assigns or adjusts production planning to balance and expedite work through production areas;
- Assures that the desired product quality levels are achieved through proper operator training with operation and inspection techniques, use of tools and overall job responsibilities;
- Develop and implement methods and procedures to control production efficiency and meet customer’s quality expectations while maintaining a safe working environment;
- Promote continuous improvement in processes to reduce waste, costs and provide the quality required;
- Prepare and present production reports and analysis for production follow-up. (shift reports, time sheets, manning);
- Coordinate production activities with sales, quality assurance and maintenance to assure that the needs and problems of manufacturing are communicated and addressed;
- Assist in maintenance prioritization and planning activities to minimize downtime related to departmental communication and coordination of activities;
- Maintain continuous feedback to team members concerning job performance, as well as conducting performance reviews;
- Applies and/enforces all Eacom policies, programs, rules, regulations, and safety rules;
- Promote and participate in activities such as training, safety and performance indicators (health and safety frequency, fiber consumption, transformation costs, hourly productivity, product quality, on-time delivery) in order to enhance the overall effectiveness of the mill;
- Promote clean, safe work areas throughout the mill by continuously checking for hazardous conditions;
- Plans and conducts meetings with team members on safety, quality and production;
Ensure that all Environmental regulations, both company and government are followed without exception.
What You Offer
- Post Secondary diploma or collegial degree in wood products or forestry field with at least 3 years of experience in supervisory role;
- Experience in managing a team of Operational Technician and general labor in unionized environment;
- Strong experience in employee performance management;
- Understanding of all areas of production of the manufacturing process and quality assurance methodology;
- Proven Health and Safety accountability and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety;
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English, French would be an asset;
- Advanced computer skills, usage of integrated production systems;
- Result-Oriented and Team player;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Good communication and coaching/motivating skills;
- Strong ethic, integrity and
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.