Production Coordinator, Perry, Georgia
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies. Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Coordinator for our sawmill in Perry, Georgia. The Production Coordinator will be responsible for tightening the outbound supply chain, facilitating on time deliveries, and providing forward forecasts to Sales and Logistics.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate with Sales and Production teams to develop and manage a production schedule for the sawmill, kilns, and planer.
- Create production forecasts with the goal of selling lumber before it’s made.
- Facilitate communication and coordination between Sales, Logistics and the Mill.
- Oversee and direct the shipping department towards the goal of meeting on time shipping targets safely.
- Provide direction and feedback to ensure Operations meets order file commitments and maximizes profit.
- Act as a liaison between Sales, Logistics, and Operations to meet customer requirements.
- Coordinate inventory control and determine daily and weekly shipping requirements.
- Participate in development and communication of product specifications.
What You Offer
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Computer expertise and proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) is required.
- High school diploma is required, post-secondary education is strongly preferred (Wood processing, Operations Management, Engineering).
- Strong inventory and production management skills.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.