Procurement Quality Control Forestry Technician, Monticello, Arkansas
When you join our team
as a Procurement Quality Control Forestry Technician, you will be responsible for the continued monitoring
and alignment of log quality control standards at the Monticello location.
What You’ll Do
- Inspect logs using established guidelines for log grading and document all grading activities as required.
- Communicate with sawmill operations, procurement foresters, and procurement regional managers as needed on log quality control issues.
- Follow all established SOP’s concerning overweight loads, spreading loads of logs, and rejection of loads.
- Implement log quality control standards at multiple sawmill locations.
- Continuous improvement of log quality control standards and processes.
- Facilitate key partnering relationships with sawmill operations and log suppliers.
- Technical assistance with logging operations to achieve QC standards.
- Cover scaler vacation, sick leave, etc. at Southeast scalehouses as needed.
What You Offer
- Minimum Associate
degree in Forestry education.
- Working knowledge
of log scaling, log grading, and wood procurement.
- Understanding of
log specifications and ability to implement consistent Quality Control
- Understanding of
logging operation dynamics and log product categories.
- Proficient with Microsoft
office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must act with integrity and a positive attitude with all internal and external parties.
- Must have a good safety and attendance record.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to perform tasks with minimum supervision.
- Must have the ability to operate general office equipment.
- Administrative and computer skills are required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills and have the ability to give undesirable information in a positive manner.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license and applicable insurance, as well as reliable and appropriate transportation.
- Travel is necessary to complete duties.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company,
operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer
one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe,
produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute
to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and
operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are
proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy
and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our
approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies
in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our
What We Offer
value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow,
and prosper. We
offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and
benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow
your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and
track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to
‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position
must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor
is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability.