Procurement Forester, DeQuincy, Louisiana
When you join our team as a Procurement Forester, you will be responsible for purchasing and coordinating the log flow to meet production needs.
What You’ll Do
- Build, develop, and maintain relationships with loggers, suppliers, and landowners.
- Cruise, survey, evaluate and appraise standing timber for stumpage purchases.
- Implement log procurement strategies to help position sawmills as a low cost producer of lumber.
- Work closely with other Interfor personnel to ensure optimal procurement approach within the Interfor procurement system.
- Monitor and evaluate market data and information in the development of pricing and inventory approach.
- Implement inventory strategies to align with mill needs, seasonal conditions, and current/forecasted markets.
- Work closely with procurement and operations personnel to ensure log supply and log quality aligns with sawmill needs in order to maximize value and throughput.
What You Offer
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in forestry or related field.
- Knowledge of local log markets preferred.
- Thorough understanding of supply chain logistics including the harvesting and hauling of forest products.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Possess strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Detailed and results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Strong negotiating skills (i.e. analytical, quick-thinking, innovative).
- Strong math background.
- Computer skills – Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
401(k) Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.