Prevention Advisor, Health and Safety, Montreal, Quebec
When you join our team as a Prevention Advisor, Health and Safety, you will support the development and implementation of workplace health and safety systems for our plants. Under the supervision of the Director of health, safety, and risk management, your main mandate will be to act as an on-site resource for employees and the management team to implement workplace health and safety programs and action plans and to continuously promote awareness and employee involvement.
What You’ll Do
- Act as a coach for supervisors and stakeholders when evaluating the workplace health and safety performance of their teams.
- Take part in developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating workplace health and safety action plans.
- Work with the responsible directors to make sure the various workplace health and safety programs and action plans are implemented and maintained.
- Support the implementation of the communication plan to raise awareness and get employees motivated and willing to participate in matters related to workplace health and safety.
- Recommend changes and/or improvements to the policies, procedures, and work methods related to workplace health and safety.
- Audit and inspect every workplace health and safety activity for compliance with the Health and Safety management system.
- Develop and support the industrial hygiene program related to the operations for which you are responsible (quality of air, noise level, lighting, thermal stress, etc.).
- Support the implementation of the risk assessment program and determine the priority of actions related to the identified risks.
- Take part in various workplace health and safety committees.
- Identify, recommend, organize, and provide the necessary training in matters related to workplace health and safety.
- Coordinate the investigation process for accidents and incidents to ensure the process is efficient, coherent, and complies with regulations in effect.
- Lead investigations into accidents that might have a major impact.
- Manage and maintain the workplace health and safety statistics database and produce reports to identify trends and preventive measures.
- Act as a resource for intervenors when employees refuse to carry out work.
- Act as a contact person for the CNESST/WSIB and the MOL.
- Maintain compliance with the W.H.M.I.S. program.
- Contribute to “ad hoc” initiatives, if needed.
What You Offer
- A university diploma in human resource management, health and safety, or any other related or equivalent field.
- Five (5) years of experience in implementing programs, systems, or processes related to health and safety in manufacturing environments, preferably unionized.
- Any relevant experience in a supervisory role may be considered.
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations in force in/or in Ontario and Quebec.
- Knowledge of the best workplace health and safety and industrial hygiene practices.
- Bilingual, French and English (written and spoken) would be a strong asset.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) as well as other health and safety management computer tools.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Be available for travelling on regular basis in our different mills.
- Excellent ability to communicate and create good interpersonal relationships at all levels.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and adaptation skills.
- Rigour, ability to oversee several tasks at once and work under pressure.
- Initiative, autonomy, team player.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.