Power Engineer (Spare), Belledune, New Brunswick
When you join our team as a Power Engineer (Spare), you will be
responsible for maintaining the boilers and kilns on site, thus ensuring the
quality of our lumber. You will make sure they are operating safely and
efficiently, while maintaining proper records and logs.
The normal schedule for this position is 2
weeks days and 2 weeks nights, from 6:45 to 7:00. This position offers $25.72
to $29.22 per hour (depending on certification).
What You’ll Do
- Work in manufacturing area in a safe, effective, and productive manner, while working collaboratively as part of the operating team under supervision of a Chief Engineer.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all area-specific equipment to optimize performance to meet production targets. Issue work requests, safe work permits, perform equipment isolations.
- Perform process & equipment condition monitoring including sampling, testing & analysis. Complete area operations record such as routine readings, volume balances, log sheets, required reports.
- Participate in the development, review, and revision of Safe Operating Procedures. Follow safe operating and chemical handling procedures and ensure environmental impact.
- Report all safety observations, near misses and incidents. Participate, safety meetings.
What You Offer
- Minimum Power Engineering Certificate (4th or 3rd Class).
- A commitment to urgency.
- Bilingual, a strong asset.
- Excellent safety record and strong work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Experience within a sawmill environment is a huge asset.
- Ability to work shift, weekends, and nights.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.