Planer Technician Lead, Philomath, Oregon
Interfor is seeking a team player to join our company as a Planer Technician Lead in Philomath. Starting rate for this position is $30.64 per hour with the potential to grow to $32.91 per hour based on skill level and experience. Reporting to the Planer Supervisor, this self-motivated and results-oriented individual will work within a team environment to provide quality service to the production group and complete preventative maintenance and improvements for the planer mill.
$3,000 Signing Bonus paid out in increments over first year of employment.
What You’ll Do
- Planer machine set up based on dimensional run schedule.
- Identify and troubleshoot planer machine defects and lumber issues.
- Sharpen knives and set up spare heads.
- Planer room preventative maintenance.
- Identify and repair failing equipment.
- Feed planer during breaks/lunches.
- Must adhere to all safety policies and standards.
- Perform any other duties requested by Supervisor in order to keep area in operation.
- Clean up after each job.
- Physical Requirements: Walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending, and lifting (up to 50 lbs.).
What You Offer
- The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in an automated lumber manufacturing environment working as a Planer Technician with strong mechanical experience, preferably with Coastal planers.
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner, individually and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of lumber manufacturing processes
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform maintenance repairs.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and correct planer defects and lumber issues.
- Ability to follow instructions and work without constant supervision.
- Must be a team player and able to work with people in an intelligent and professional manner.
- This position requires someone who is a self-starter. There is always something to be done without necessarily being told to do so.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical)
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- 92 Hours Paid Time Off (PTO) & 10 Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.