Production Supervisor – Planer, Val-d’Or, Quebec
join our team as a Production Supervisor – Planer, reporting to the Planer
Superintendent, you will be responsible for direct supervision and monitoring
of Planer production employees, procedures, and objectives.
will be expected to lead improvements in safety, productivity and quality in
the department for continuous improvements.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and motivate the workforce in executing all activities directed towards a safe, productive, and efficient planer operation.
- Monitor and maintain production volume, yield, quality (including lumber stacking) and uptime while maintaining a safe working environment respecting all applicable legislation and company policies.
- Must continually monitor and accommodate the mix of primary resources of wood, manpower and machinery to ensure optimum value and quality.
- Prepare and present production reports and analysis for production follow-up. (shift reports, time sheets, manning).
- To monitor machinery and equipment performance and report any mechanical deficiencies to maintenance personnel.
- Assist in maintenance prioritization and planning activities to minimize downtime and departmental communication and coordination of activities.
- Make recommendations concerning modifications to existing equipment or processes and/or the acquisition or disposition of physical assets to maximize production results.
- Monitor and follow-up on determined performance indicators (health and safety frequency, fiber consumption, transportation costs, hourly productivity, product quality, on-time delivery).
- Identify and recommend long term changes to production targets, products and flow.
- Ensure that safety issues/concerns (addressed through workplace inspections and monthly Safety Contacts) are adequately performed and that any issues requiring follow-up are attended to in a timely manner.
- Identify and promote employees training and tools implementation for better operational results.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure quality requirements of the mill are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that all Environmental regulations, both company and government are followed without exception.
What You Offer
- Post Secondary diploma is an asset with 2 to 5 years of experience in a leadership role in a Sawmill or Planermill or similar industry environment.
- NLGA Lumber Grading ticket and grading experience is an asset.
- Experience in managing a team of Operational Technicians and general labor in unionized environment.
- Proven Health and Safety accountability and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
- Knowledgeable on lumber manufacturing including equipment, processes and products.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement principles of Sawmill/Planer operation.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of electrical, mechanical, fabrication/welding and PLC programming is an asset.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is a must.
- The ideal candidate is an individual with the drive to advance from their current leadership role to the next level of leadership.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English; French is an asset.
- Demonstrate Mobilizing leadership.
- Result-Oriented and Team player.
- Good organizational and Time management skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Good communication and coaching skills
- Strong ethic, integrity and judgment.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.