Planer Superintendant, Timmins,
When you join our team as a Planer Superintendant, you will report to the Mill Manager of our Timmins sawmill. You will be responsible to manage the operation of the planer line and planer quality control. This includes ensuring quality and productivity standards are met or exceeded safely and within budget to achieve targets. You will work closely with shipping, maintenance, yard and sawmill operations, as well as sales and administration to ensure optimum results and customer satisfaction.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure the highest level of workplace safety and ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and corporate policies.
- Ensure the highest level of quality control and product presentation standards for customer satisfaction.
- Participate in work activities to establish the necessary systems to ensure productivity, quality and operational planer mill performance to maximize cost-efficiency.
- Monitor planer line performance and production output and make necessary adjustments.
- Responsible to manage planer production supervisors, including mentoring, coaching and assisting them in their career development.
- Oversee QC process for the planer as it pertains to product building code certification and field performance.
- Routinely inspect each manufacturing process operation and note any & all discrepancies from specifications, procedures and corrections required.
- Maintain calibrations of process equipment.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports on key performance metrics.
- Keep up to date in his field of expertise.
What You Offer
- Post-Secondary diploma or college degree in wood products or forestry field or related.
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience in planer or industrial process.
- Knowledge of grading rules and kiln drying, would be an asset.
- Hold a Licensed Lumber Grader A or willing to obtain.
- Knowledge of working with collective agreements, and Provincial legislation such as the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Environmental Protection Act.
- Proven Health and Safety accountability and knowledgeable of relevant legislation.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel and Operational Systems).
- Strong mathematical, statistical and reasoning skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven ability to lead and engage people in process control management.
- Team player organized and result-oriented within tight deadlines.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package. We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.