Operations & Safety Administrator, Grand Forks, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Operations & Safety Administrator, you will be responsible for the support, data control and organization of safety and environmental related documentation and activities. The successful individual will play a supporting role in promoting and ensuring compliance of the health and safety program. This position will work closely with the Woodlands leadership team and can be based out of operations in Grand Forks or Castlegar, BC.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare data and statistics.
- Maintain safety/environmental system and data.
- Coordinate safety investigations and ensure completion of corrective action items.
- Input employee safety action reports and regularly maintain & update database.
- Perform new hire safety orientation.
- Ensure the site has all necessary safety supplies.
- Ensure that safety activities and training are current.
- Provide safety support to supervisors and the leadership team.
- Prepare meeting materials.
- Plan and organize functions/meetings.
- Assist in implementation of health and safety systems.
- Assist the management team in the creation and revision of safety policies and procedures.
- Coordinate activities including safety committees, employee-led safety initiatives, safety improvement project teams, etc.
- Assist in organizing and tracking of safety action plans, including emergency response planning and drills.
- Assist in the maintenance of employee health and safety communications and training programs.
- Tour the site with the goal of interacting with team members on safety and finding opportunities to mitigate risk.
What You Offer
- Experience in environmental, health and safety preferred.
- Experience in a sawmill or industrial environment preferred.
- Ability to work well in a team and be a strong team player.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving, and logical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) to create professional data summaries and reports.
- Ability to lead and support management of change processes.
- Proficiency in web-based software.
- Ability to work efficiently to meet key deadlines and business targets.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.