Operations Forester, Ear Falls, Ontario
When you join our team as a Operations Forester, you will work within a professional team to assist in planning operations, upholding safety and environmental standards and be actively involved in stakeholder relations.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate with assistance of the Woodlands Operations team in implementation of health and safety and environmental programs (Safe Workplace Ontario / Sustainable Forestry Initiative / Forest Stewardship Council/FOIP Management).
- Assist the Ear Falls Woodlands team in planning and implementation of sustainable harvest plan.
- Assist the Woodlands Manager in developing and implementing annual wood supply budgets.
- Support Woodlands Manager with administration tasks (Purchase wood agreement, haul rates, invoice review and xflow entry).
- All other duties as assigned to support the implementation of forest management activities for the Ear Falls Woodlands.
What You Offer
- Recognized University Degree or College Diploma in the Field of Forestry.
- Have acquired a minimum of 2 years of experience in Forest Operations or Planning or Forestry Administration.
- Be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, ArcMap GIS, GPS technology.
- Required to work outdoors in a variety of weather and terrain conditions.
- Driver’s License in good standing.
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Possess excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be result driven and have the ability to bring forward solutions to overcome challenges.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, a positive attitude and able to produce positive results with clients, contractors and government authorities.
- Be flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments and schedules.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.