Millwright, Grand Forks, British Columbia
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Millwright in Grand Forks. As a valued member of the Maintenance Team, you will be responsible for keeping our business running by safely providing preventative maintenance and repair of the sawmill, planer, and kiln hot oil system equipment. Relocation support available.
What You’ll Do
- Work in a modern, safe and efficient facility while following all safety rules and regulations.
- Troubleshoot and maintain mill machinery, including hydraulic systems, pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers and chains, and bearings.
- Fabricate, construct and install equipment and machinery with the use of blueprints and diagrams.
- Solve problems and work as part of a team focused on machine reliability and breakdown prevention.
What You Offer
- Red Seal Millwright certification.
- Strong safety background with an eagerness to improve safety processes in all capacities.
- Be a positive contributor to a team.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with your team and other departments.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
What We Offer
- Work-Life Balance: Work schedules that allow you to be home after each shift.
- Compensation: Competitive wage at $46.09 per hour. Relocation support available.
- Benefits: Extend Health and Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Short- and Long-Term
- Disability, Competitive Pension Program, Employee Assistance Program.
- Career Growth: Training, development, and growth opportunities in a stable environment.
- Culture: Interfor builds value for employees by providing a career where they contribute, grow and prosper. We bring out the best in our employees by offering long-term, rewarding careers supported by training and education, opportunities for promotion, and great benefits. We’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
- We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’
Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
Life in Grand Forks
Referred to as the “hub” of the Boundary region, Grand Forks (pop. 4,100) is located between the Okanagan Valley and the Kootenays. Known for its 4-season living, you will find plenty of recreational activities including hiking, off-roading, snowshoeing, fishing, water sports, hunting, and more. This remote location is ideal for outdoor enthusiasts but is only 2 hours away from major cities Spokane and Kelowna. A 17-minute drive will have you arriving at Christina Lake, which is known for its clean, clear, warm waters, and was voted “BC’s Favourite Lake”.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.