Millwright, Bathurst, New Brunswick
When you join our team as a Millwright, you will work perform
quality work, provide support services, and perform preventative maintenance
processes that pertain to optimum mechanical performance of our facility. This
position offers $24.79 to $28.21 per hour (depending on certification). The
normal work schedule for this position is 12 hour shifts working 7 days on and
7 days off, alternating between days and nights.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of machinery and mechanical equipment such as pumps, fans, and conveyors.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Repair or replace chains; belt conveyors; gear boxes/drive chains; hydraulics & pneumatics; welding/cutting; and using power tools.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes and jacks during the installation, set-up, and repair of machinery.
- Participating in the PM program on all equipment for continuous improvement of all machine centers.
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Keeping detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and performing other routine maintenance tasks throughout the operation.
- Adhering to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliance.
What You Offer
- Journeyman Millwright.
- Experience working in an industrial setting, sawmill an asset.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Commitment to safety.
- Willingness to work varied shifts (days, nights).
- Driver’s license and reliable means of transportation.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.