Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Millwright in Belk. Starting rate for this position is $27.45 per hour with the potential to grow to $32.41 per hour based on skill level and experience.
What You’ll Do
- Preventive maintenance and repair of mill maintenance and kiln hot oil systems equipment.
- Install machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings, using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, following all safety rules and regulations as well as using all personal protective gear/equipment as required.
- You will be a highly motivated team player, with strong communication and interpersonal skills and a proven track record on safety.
- This position has varied shifts (3 Shift rotation and/or weekend shift).
What You Offer
- Mill maintenance and Kiln Hot Oil Systems experience an asset.
- Strong safety background.
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Able to communicate effectively with your team and other departments.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
- Recognize problems and have them corrected immediately.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical)
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.