Millwright, Longview, Washington
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Millwright in Longview, Washington. Starting rate for this position is DOE. Signing bonus of $3,000 paid out in increments over the first year.
What You’ll Do
• Must adhere to all
safety policies and standards.
• Must adhere to all HR policies and standards.
• Read, write, and understand equipment drawings and blueprints.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance duties.
• Cutting, welding, and performing fabrication work with different types of steel.
• Assess repairs and estimate time frames to complete repairs.
• Repair machinery in a timely manner.
• Identify mechanical and hydraulic problems and assist in
findings solutions and making necessary repairs.
• Change sprockets, bearings, chain, etc.
• Communicate directly and professionally with operators about how equipment is running and to
learn about any problems.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with the Planning
and Scheduling Departments.
• Must adhere to an absolute lock-out/tag-out policy. Before any
repairs are made, the power source to the equipment must be turned
off, locked out, and tested to ensure isolation.
• Effectively manage and plan work so as to accomplish all job
tasks without having direct supervision on all matters.
• Submit work requests.
• Fill out completed work orders listing work done, parts used, and the
time it took to complete the job.
• Perform any other duties in any area requested by Supervisor in order to keep
area in operation.
• Clean up after each job.
• Physical Requirements: Walking, standing, sitting, climbing
and lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
What You’ll Offer
Understanding of mechanical
and hydraulic concepts.
• Ability to follow instructions and work without constant supervision.
• Must obtain the skills to be able to run any piece of equipment so
that test runs can be performed for each machine on which repairs are
• Must be a team player and able to work with people in an intelligent and professional
• Must be able to work flexible schedules which could include
weekends, holidays, and call-in duties.
• This position requires someone who is a self-starter. There is
always something to be done without necessarily being told to do so.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 2-4 years of experience
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.