Mill Manager in Training, Ear Falls, Ontario
When you join our team as a Mill Manager in Training, reporting to the General
Manager, Operations – Ontario, you will have the opportunity to deepen your
knowledge and experience through a learning path with experienced managers from
our Interfor East plants in Ontario, being exposed to their environment, their
teams and their challenges.
Spread over a period of
24 to 30 months, you will deepen your technical and leadership knowledge and
skills to eventually take charge of the Ear Falls team and thus contribute to
the success of the plant.
You must be mobile to be
able to spend a few days to a few weeks in one or other of our mills, so as to
strengthen your position as a team leader.
What You’ll Do
- Enhance your knowledge of production processes, maintenance, quality, health and safety.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control plant activities, including production support activities, to meet and exceed performance indicators.
- Prepare, submit and manage operating budgets and capital expenditures in order to achieve determined performance indicators.
- Exercise your leadership to put in place winning conditions to develop and maintain a work climate that promotes collaboration and mobilization of employees and external partners.
- Exercise your leadership to promote the sharing of information and communication within teams, strengthen commitment, autonomy and accountability.
- Ensure the management, supervision and professional development of your team members in order to enhance the level of skills and expertise offered.
- Play a key role in organizational changes, planning, hiring, and integrating new staff.
- Identify and collaborate on sawmilling/planer line optimization projects to maximize productivity.
- Deepen your knowledge of legislation in order to manage human and material resources and facilities safely, in accordance with government regulations in force.
- Be able to deal with regulatory authorities and ensure Company compliance.
What You Offer
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma (or willing to obtain) in wood products or forestry field or equivalent.
- Experience in health and safety, operations analysis, and continuous improvement.
- Supervisory experience in an industrial, manufacturing or in a wood products manufacturing environment.
- Have experience in a unionized environment.
- Knowledge and skills in IT tools and the use of production systems.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, and operating systems).
- Must be available to work flexible schedules to meet the operational needs.
- Demonstrate inspiring leadership.
- Curiosity, judgment, and excellent learning abilities.
- Listening, coaching and conflict management skills
- Strong planning, organizational, time management, priority management and delegation skills.
- Analytical approach in decision-making and problem-solving
- Communication skills.
- Team player and Result-Oriented.
- Rigor, Integrity and Professional ethics.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package. We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.