Mill Manager, Philomath, Oregon
When you join our team as a Mill Manager, you will be responsible for the safe, efficient operation of the Philomath mill while achieving business plan objectives for safety, productivity, quality and costs. The Mill Manager will provide leadership to drive continuous improvement in process reliability, product quality, operating cost and capital projects. This position is also responsible for ensuring the facility meets company expectations for production scheduling, inventory control, operating rate, fiber recovery, and facility financial performance.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Philomath facility including sawmill, planer, shipping and maintenance departments.
- Lead, manage and develop the staff.
- Determine mill operating strategies, including optimization programs to maximize mill margins.
- Maintain the highest standards for safety performance, leading with an impeccable personal example and a well communicated vision.
- Ensure consistent personal and organizational alignment with Interfor’s core values.
- Develop and promote a culture of performance management and continuous improvement in all aspects of the business.
- Ensure that operations are in line with Interfor policies and procedures, as well as regulatory requirements, including safety, environmental, and other policies as applicable.
- Responsible for overall mill operational and financial performance.
- Maintain clear communication between internal staff and crew to facilitate optimum performance.
- Oversee site employee relations and management practices.
What You Offer
- Proven track record of results in a Mill Manager role.
- Minimum 10-15 years of multi-department supervisory experience within the wood products industry.
- Post-secondary education in Wood Products, Business, Operations or related field is strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of lumber manufacturing business including equipment, processes, products, optimization.
- Proven track record in leadership and driving a cultural shift on safety, environmental, business improvement, continuous improvement, and performance management.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude is considered an asset.
- Computer proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Office.
- Experience managing through a significant capital project installation and start-up of the mill.
- Maintain the highest standards with respect to safety at all times, leading by example and ensuring the team follows all policies, procedures, practices and regulations.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to make decisions based on an understanding of Interfor’s values, goals and strategies.
- Creativity, resourcefulness and self-reliance.
- Strong analytical abilities and knowledge of financial processes.
- Flexibility to effectively respond to continually changing internal and external business conditions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Proven ability to build a strong team.
- Detail and results oriented.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Participation in our Short-Term Incentive Plan (STIP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.