Manufacturing/Sawmill Production – Entry Level, Sumas, Washington
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Manufacturing/Sawmill Production – Entry Level in Sumas, Washington. Starting rate for this position is $20.24 per hour with the potential to grow to $21.94 per hour.
$1,500 Signing Bonus; $500 after 30 days and $1,000 after six months.
What You’ll Do
- Work as part of the production team to support the lumber manufacturing process in a safe, responsible manner.
- Understand and work to Interfor’s core values and support our mission.
- Adhere to all safety regulations especially applicable to lockout/tag-out.
- Physical Requirements: Walking, Standing, Sitting, Climbing, Bending and Lifting (Up to 50 lbs.).
What You Offer
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Able to recognize problems and to effectively communicate them clearly so they can be corrected immediately, through verbal and written communication.
- Excellent attendance and safety record.
- Strong work ethic.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical)
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- 92 Hours Paid Time Off (PTO) & 10 Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.