Manager, Human Resources, Elk Lake, Ontario
When you join our team as a Manager, Human Resources, you will be responsible to provide HR
services to the Sawmill and Woodland teams in Elk Lake Mill location. Rooted in the northern regions of Ontario and Quebec, our sawmills do much more than transform wood; they
improve our communities.
the leadership of the Regional Manager, Human Resources – Quebec and Elk Lake, and
in close collaboration with the Mill management leader, the Manager, you are responsible for implementing the strategic direction of the Human Resources
and Health & Safety functions within their assigned client group.
What You’ll Do
- Continuously assess the pulse and organizational culture of workers to provide feedback and recommendations to management on ways to improve employee performance and engagement.
- In collaboration with the Health, Safety and Risk Management team, coordinate and support the administration and deployment of health and safety programs to develop a strong culture and provide employees with a safe work environment.
- Responsible for managing labor relations, from the process of renewing the collective agreement to providing advice in its application to maintain healthy and harmonious labor relations.
In collaboration with the corporate team and relevant stakeholders, responsible for recruitment, training, succession planning and talent development activities as well as the management of presence at work.
- Collaborates in the development and ensures the implementation of methods, procedures and practices relating to human resources management to support managers in their continuous improvement efforts.
- In collaboration with the corporate teams, participate in the development and ensure the local deployment of various human resources initiatives such as activities relating to “Wellness”, the annual incentive plan, the salary review process, talent assessment and staff mobilization.
- Ensure the application of the orientations and the follow-up of various changes related to employment policies, compensation, and benefits.
- Actively contributes to the sharing of good practices within his team and via management meetings and participating in various committees.
- Ensures the administrative management related to HR responsibilities in compliance with the in compliance with the policies, procedures, and legislations.
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or certification related to Human Resources or equivalent experience.
- Minimum to 5 to 8 years of experience in a HR Business Partner role in unionized environment, manufacturing or forestry industry would be considered an asset.
- Member of a certified professional association in Human Resources (asset).
- Fluent in both spoken and written English. French is an asset.
- Facility in learning/using HR management software.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite).
- Knowledgeable about occupational health and safety regulations.
- Available to travel on an occasional basis.
- Influence leadership as an advisor.
- Creativity and capacity to question the status quo.
- Analytical mind and capacity to synthesize information.
- Focus on teamwork in delivering and achieving results.
- Proven agility and adaptability.
- Capacity to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Strive for best practices and continuous improvement.
- Rigor, Integrity and Professional ethics.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.