Manager, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Manager, Finance, Sales & Marketing, you will be responsible for overseeing the operational accounting for the Sales & Marketing divisions. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the Sales & Marketing Finance team and have a working knowledge of your direct reports responsibilities
What You’ll Do
- Review divisional financial statements, balance sheet reconciliations and other divisional reporting for assigned Sales & Marketing entities.
- Review divisional processes and ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Support the team in producing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operational reporting for Sales & Marketing management, operations and corporate accounting.
- Maintain and develop Accounting Interface rules and other financial setups in the Sales & Marketing systems.
- Manage and coordinate the distribution of monthly sales forecasts and annual operating budgets.
- Liaise with company’s customs broker to ensure compliance with customs regulations.
- Act as the divisional point person for internal and external audit requests.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the business processes in order to support change management projects and to provide sales accounting support to both the Sales and Marketing team and to the operations teams.
- Take a lead role in financial set up and process design, working with business and IT, to implement new sales programs.
- Ad-hoc analysis and projects.
What You Offer
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) or equivalent experience.
- Management and supervisory experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in full cycle accounting, management reporting and internal controls.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Financials would be an asset.
- Strong organizational, time management, business and analytical skills.
- Experience in improving, designing and maintaining business processes and related systems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Skilled in engaging, coaching and mentoring team members.
- Decision-making and communication skills; ability to communicate clear and concise information in an accurate and persuasive manner.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to excel in a team environment.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.