Management Forester, Timmins, Ontario
When you join our team as a Management Forester, you will report to the Chief Forester for Ontario and will assist in the delivery of the forest management program for the Pineland and Spanish Sustainable Forest Licenses.You will be part of a team accountable for
development and implementation of Forest Management Plans, Annual Work
Schedules, and Annual Reports consistent with Ontario’s Forest Management
Planning Manual and requirements. The position could be based in our Nairn
Centre or Timmins offices.
What You’ll Do
- Facilitate and develop the Forest Management Plans, Annual Work Schedules, and Annual Reports for the Sustainable Forest Licences.
- Prepare and apply for Forest Management Plan Amendments, Annual Work Schedule Revisions and Overlapping Forest Resource Licenses.
- Coordinate and prepare Company records and documents for internal and independent audit purposes.
- Act as primary liaison with Indigenous community Lands &
Resources departments regarding annual planning, operational prescriptions
related to cultural values and over all implementation of forest
- Act as a liaison person with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry District counterparts, tourist operators and other stakeholders in the development and maintenance of forest management plans.
- Work closely with the Northeastern Ontario operations teams to ensure that forest management plans meet corporate and operational needs.
- Administer the provincial road funding program for the Sustainable Forest Licenses.
What You Offer
- Have a recognized University Degree in Forestry, environmental management or other equivalent areas of study and a Registered Professional Forester designation, or be eligible to apply for RPF status within one year).
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in forest management planning.
- Possess excellent spoken & written English skills, functional French would be an asset.
- Be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, ArcMap (or equivalent) and Forest Management Modelling Tools (SFMM, MIST).
- Have solid functional skills with GIS.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a diverse group of customers.
- Ability (valid drivers license) and willingness to travel regularly.
- Possessing initiative and the ability to work autonomously.
- Able to establish and maintain professional relationships based on mutual trust.
- Goal and result oriented.
- Organized, proactive and able to manage several projects at the same time.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, a positive attitude, and an ability to produce positive results with both internal and external clients.
- Have leadership skills, be motivated to produce high-quality deliverable products, and be flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments.
- Professional and thorough with uncompromising integrity and possessing sound judgement.
- Dedicated to continuous improvement.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.