Maintenance Technician Co-op, Georgetown, South Carolina
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician Co-op for our sawmill in Georgetown, SC. Our goal is to develop Interfor’s future leaders. Maintenance Technician Co-ops will work with Interfor’s maintenance team to ensure the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum productivity, quality, and safety while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
What You’ll Do
- Adhere to Interfor safety policies and procedures.
- Observe/report safety incidents.
- Assist with development and updating of mechanical preventive maintenance systems.
- Assist with development and updating of electrical preventive maintenance systems.
- Assist with and observe mechanical/electrical installations.
- Assist Quality Control department to meet targets and optimization standards.
- Maintain and update maintenance records.
What You Offer
- Working towards a degree or diploma in wood products processing, engineering (mechanical or electrical), or operations management.
- Prior intern, co-op or summer experience in forestry or manufacturing is preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with your team and other department.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in sawmill optimization.
- Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.