Maintenance Supervisor, Thomaston, Georgia
When you join our team as a Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for the supervision of the assigned maintenance crew while providing professional service and ensuring a safe working environment.
What You’ll Do
- Demonstrate and promote a safe working environment including the administration of safety program policies and practices as well as the coaching of employees on safe work habits.
- Utilize a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Make improvement recommendations for plant equipment reliability and maintenance-related problems solving.
- Ensure that maintenance personnel are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated.
- Assist with hiring, scheduling, and supervision of maintenance personnel.
- Evaluate employee competency, knowledge, and core values relative to expected standards and provide coaching to employees as needed.
- Set and communicate direction for crew.
- Ensure quality of maintenance work performed.
- Oversee machine center performance (mechanical and electrical).
- Develop, plan, and implement work projects.
- Administer and enforce company policies as appropriate.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary education strongly preferred; Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is considered a strong asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of heavy industry experience.
- Experience utilizing a CMMS preferred.
- Wood products manufacturing experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to think tactically and strategically.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Strong business focus.
- Strong computer skills utilizing Windows based programs and Microsoft Office.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
· Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
o Short Term Disability Insurance
o Long Term Disability Insurance
o Life and AD&D Insurance
o Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
· HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
· Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
· 401(k) Matching Plan
· Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
· Paid Vacation
· Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.