Maintenance Supervisor, Timmins, Ontario
When you join our team as a Maintenance Supervisor, you will provide input into planning, scheduling and execution, ensuring smooth operation of the maintenance department. The successful candidate will generate, maintain, update work orders in the Interal CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) and provide training on the CMMS systems. The Maintenance Supervisor will provide coverage as necessary to the Maintenance Team in the function of both roles. This role will also include working with our safety team, procurement on inventory management and cost saving initiatives, data collection, reporting and formulating weekly work packages and maintain KPI’s (key point indicators) for the department.
What You’ll Do
- Develops, maintains, and monitors programs and CMMS such as Interal, to maximize prompt and reliable responses to equipment issues, in compliance with the Health and Safety rules.
- Plan, coordinate, organize and manage maintenance work activities, schedule manpower, annual shutdowns, work orders, backlog, equipment database, schedules and any other task identified to improve maintenance services.
- Develops work plans for maintenance, including Preventative Maintenance with the necessary information to allow efficient scheduling and execution.
- Supports the maintenance team in identifying root cause failures and effectively initiate and communicate corrective action plans.
- Identify critical spare parts in conjunction with the maintenance team, work with procurement to ensure proper stock items are readily available with the appropriate stock levels on site.
- Work with the Maintenance Team in supporting Safety and Continuous Improvements providing feedback to crew members.
- Work in collaboration with the Operations Teams to implement and deploy internal procedures and standards.
- Support the development of annual maintenance budgets, including annual shutdowns.
- Organize and facilitate weekly and daily planning meeting with the maintenance team.
- Ensure prioritization of accurate and reliable resources depending on the type of problem that’s occurring.
- Identify and support areas for cost savings, and actively work with teams to improve on safe production targets.
- In conjunction with the maintenance team, develop and maintain KPI’s for the planning role, including planning accuracy and compliance to schedule. Provide work packages for the Maintenance Team.
- In depth understanding and utilization of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word.
- Vast knowledge and experience with Interal CMMS and the ability to train and lead others.
What You Offer
- Millwright-Journeyman or Mechanical Technologist or equivalent.
- Three years of Supervisory and or Planner experience in a sawmill industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of preventive maintenance programs.
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset.
- Commitment to Health, Safety and Environment.
- Priorities and time management abilities.
- Able to clearly communicate.
- Ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships, teamwork and be collaborative.
- Ability to implement change.
- Strong analyzing and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Experience in warehousing and purchasing would be an asset.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.