Maintenance Supervisor, Ear Falls, Ontario
When you join our team as
a Maintenance Supervisor, reporting
to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will be responsible for leading the
maintenance team of millwrights, electricians and saw filers. You will be
responsible for the overall maintenance of the plant, scheduling, health and
safety and working with the production team to ensure the uptime of the mill.
What You’ll Do
- Supervise the work of maintenance workers, subcontractors, & contract staff.
- Organize, improving and scheduling routine and preventive maintenance of plant & equipment (shutdowns).
- Management of continuous improvement initiatives and participate in the problem-solving process.
- Support and implement the values of the company, ensure Maintenance department is in compliance with various legislation & regulations including Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Stimulate and maintain a positive work environment through use of excellent interpersonal skills, team building and communication with all departments.
- Maintain, develop or upgrade the methodology of maintenance systems to maximize fast and reliable response to equipment problems. (In compliance with health and safety rules).
- Analyze and identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent re occurrence.
- Provide training and ongoing development to the Maintenance team.
- Upgrade maintenance process of the work systems and maintenance contracts management.
- Follow departmental budgets to ensure good cost control.
- Maintain continuous improvement focus through effective leadership in maintenance meetings.
What You Offer
- A completed program, University or College level in mechanical OR electrical engineering and/or.
- Millwright ticket/red seal certification OR an Electrician ticket/Red Seal Certification is an important asset.
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, ideally in a sawmill or manufacturing plant.
- Proven experience in supervising technical staff in a unionized environment.
- Achievements and commitment to health and safety at work.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English; French would be considered an asset.
- Proven Health and Safety accountability and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of electrical, mechanical (hydraulic, pneumatic), fabrication/welding and PLC programming.
- Knowledge in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (SAP, MAXIMO, etc.) considered an asset.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, mobilizing and conflict management.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, team Player within tight deadlines.
- Analyzing and good organizational and decision-making skills.
- Result-oriented and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic, rigor and good judgment.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.