Maintenance Supervisor, Thomaston, GA
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor for our sawmill in Thomaston, GA. The Maintenance Supervisor will be a key contributor to the maintenance of the facility and will be responsible for the supervision of the maintenance crew while providing professional service and ensuring a safe working environment.
What You’ll Do
- Demonstrate and promote a safe working environment including the administration of safety program policies and practices as well as the coaching of employees on safe work habits.
- Utilize a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Make improvement recommendations for plant equipment reliability and maintenance-related problems solving.
- Ensure that maintenance personnel are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated.
- Assist with hiring, scheduling, and supervision of maintenance personnel.
- Evaluate employee competency, knowledge, and core values relative to expected standards and provide coaching to employees as needed.
- Set and communicate direction for crew.
- Ensure quality of maintenance work performed.
- Oversee machine center performance (mechanical and electrical).
- Develop, plan, and implement work projects.
- Administer and enforce company policies as appropriate.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary education strongly preferred; Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is considered a strong asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of heavy industry experience.
- Experience utilizing a CMMS preferred.
- Wood products manufacturing experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to think tactically and strategically.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Strong business focus.
- Strong computer skills utilizing Windows based programs and Microsoft Office.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.