Maintenance Supervisor, Grand Forks, British Columbia
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor for our sawmill in Grand Forks, British Columbia. The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for for the maintenance of the mill equipment and the supervision of the maintenance crew on the day shift while providing professional service and ensuring a safe working environment.
What You’ll Do
- Manage safety first – lead by example, operate to the highest standards and conform to all regulations.
- Lead through continued and frequent interaction with Maintenance Trades staff.
- Set and communicate direction to the maintenance crew.
- Ensure quality of maintenance work performed.
- Effectively manage the work management system to minimize interruptions to the continuous operation of the sawmill, planer mill, and kilns.
- Oversee machine centre performance (mechanical/electrical).
- Conduct performance reviews and schedule vacation for maintenance crew.
- Ensure that the Maintenance group provides prompt, efficient and quality focused service to the production department.
- Manage, understand and work within departmental spending and budgets
- Develop, plan and implement work plans.
- Research/order spare parts.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary education or Red Seal Millwright or equivalent is preferred.
- Familiarity with Work Safe BC regulations required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in an industrial setting, maintenance supervision is preferred.
- Ability to work various maintenance shifts, specifically weekend shift.
- Previous experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems would be an asset.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong business focus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Detail/results oriented.
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize numerous tasks with conflicting deadlines.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.