Maintenance Supervisor, Val-d’Or, Quebec
When you join our team as a Maintenance Supervisor, reporting to the Production
Superintendent, you will be responsible for leading the maintenance team of
millwrights, electricians and saw filers. You will be responsible for the
overall maintenance of the plant, scheduling, health and safety and working
with the production team to ensure the uptime of the mill. This position is on
a schedule 7/7.
What You’ll Do
- Supervise the work of maintenance workers, subcontractors, & contract staff.
- Organize, improving and scheduling routine and preventive maintenance of plant & equipment (shutdowns).
- Management of continuous improvement initiatives and participate in the problem-solving process.
- Support and implement the values of the company, ensure Maintenance department is in compliance with various legislation & regulations including Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Stimulate and maintain a positive work environment through the use of excellent interpersonal skills, team building and communication with all departments.
- Maintain, develop or upgrade the methodology of maintenance systems to maximize fast and reliable response to equipment problems. (In compliance with health and safety rules).
- Analyze and identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent re occurrence.
- Provide training and ongoing development to the Maintenance team.
- Upgrade maintenance process of the work systems and maintenance contracts management.
- Follow departmental budgets to ensure good cost control.
- Maintain continuous improvement focus through effective leadership in maintenance meetings.
What You Offer
- Completed program, University OR College level in mechanical OR electrical engineering.
- Millwright ticket/red seal certification OR an Electrician ticket/Red Seal Certification is an important asset.
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, ideally in a sawmill or manufacturing plant.
- Proven experience in supervising technical staff in a unionized environment.
- Proven experience in leading projects aimed at cost reduction and continuous improvement.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken French; English is an asset.
- Proven Health and Safety accountability and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of electrical, mechanical (hydraulic, pneumatic), fabrication/welding and PLC programming.
- Know the Microsoft office suite and be comfortable with IT tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, mobilizing and conflict management.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, team Player within tight deadlines.
- Analyzing and good organizational and decision-making skills.
- Strong work ethic, rigor and good judgment.
Who We Are
Interfor is a
growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products
markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood
products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class
facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value
for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable
forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building
materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our
approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one
of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in
exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow,
and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the
role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive
We want you to
grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and
track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start
Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more
appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an
interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must
successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor
is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability.