Maintenance Superintendent, Ear Falls, Ontario
When you join our team as a Maintenance Superintendent, you will coordinate all the maintenance work in the sawmill and ensure that the jobs are done in accordance with health and safety practices. You will be responsible for ensuring that all machines are running at full capacity.
What You’ll Do
- Implement the company’s values in matters of health, safety and the environment.
- Enforce the policies, laws and regulations in effect.
- Supervise the work of maintenance employees, subcontractors and contract personnel and control the quality of the work.
- Organize and supervise preventive maintenance for various types of equipment during scheduled shutdowns on site.
- Manage with a focus on continuous improvement and participate in the problem-solving process.
- Encourage the participation of the staff under your supervision and create a work atmosphere that is conducive to achieving the objectives.
- Work closely with other departments in the sawmill.
- Support/develop/improve maintenance systems and optimize the effectiveness of operations related to equipment problems (in compliance with health and safety standards).
- Analyze/identify causes of problems and implement corrective actions to prevent their recurrence.
- Provide ongoing training and development for the maintenance team.
- Improve preventive maintenance processes and maintenance contract management.
- Monitor sawmill budgets to ensure cost control.
- Initiate and actively collaborate in ongoing departmental activities and meetings.
What You Offer
- College or vocational studies diploma or bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering (this would be an asset) OR mechanic or electrician licence (red seal).
- Three to five years of maintenance experience (especially in the sawmill sector).
- Experience supervising technical staff in a unionized environment.
- Speak and write English like a boss (French is another strong asset).
- Experience and achievements in occupational health and safety.
- Knowledge of the following skill sets: electrical, mechanical (hydraulics, pneumatics), fabrication/welding and PLC programming.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and computer tools related to your field.
- Engaging and involved leader.
- Coach mindset and diplomatic.
- Effective under pressure; especially in terms of decision making.
- Focused on analysis and problem solving.
- Role model in terms of work ethics.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.