Maintenance Superintendent, Val-d’Or, Quebec
When you join our team as
a Maintenance Superintendent, reporting to the
Sawmill Manager, you will be responsible to coordinate the completion of all
maintenance work in accordance with health & safety practices for the
optimization or upgrading of site equipment, with the aim of improving
What You’ll Do
- Support and implement the values of the company, ensure Maintenance department is in compliance with various legislation & regulations including Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Supervise the work of maintenance workers, subcontractors, & contract staff.
- Organize, improving and scheduling routine and preventive maintenance of plant & equipment (shutdowns).
- Management of continuous improvement initiatives and participate in the problem-solving process.
- Stimulate and maintain a positive work environment through use of excellent interpersonal skills, team building and communication with all departments.
- Work closely with the other departments of the plant to effectively coordinate the work in the service of the operation.
- Maintain, develop or upgrade the methodology of maintenance systems to maximize fast and reliable response to equipment problems. (In compliance with health and safety rules).
- Analyze and identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Provide training and ongoing development to the Maintenance team.
- Upgrade maintenance process of the work systems and maintenance contracts management.
- Follow departmental budgets to ensure good cost control.
- Maintain continuous improvement focus through effective leadership in maintenance meetings.
- Other related task.
What You Offer
- Hold Collegial or University Diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering OR a Millwright ticket/red seal certification (MUST) or an Electrician ticket/Red Seal Certification.
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, ideally in a sawmill or manufacturing plant;
- Proven experience in supervising technical staff in unionized environment;
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English; French is an asset.
- Proven Health and Safety accountabilities and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of electrical, mechanical (hydraulic, pneumatic), fabrication/welding and PLC programming.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, mobilizing and conflict management.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, team Player within tight deadlines;
- Result-oriented and problem-solving skills;
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills.
Who We Are
Interfor is a
growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products
markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood
products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class
facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value
for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable
forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building
materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our
approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one
of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in
exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow,
and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the
role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive
We want you to
grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and
track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to
‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more
the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete
a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal
Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability.