Maintenance Superintendent, Georgetown, South Carolina
When you join our team as a Maintenance Superintendent, you will be responsible for the maintenance of the mill equipment and the supervision of the maintenance crew while providing professional service and ensuring a safe working environment.
What You’ll Do
- Direct, maintain, and enforce the safety program for the maintenance department; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians.
- Lead maintenance group using all available technologies for preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Responsible for environmental activities associated with maintenance department.
- Initiate, implement, and manage the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the lumber industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Monitor the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Establish and maintain a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment in.
- Prepare reports, analyze data, and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Supervise plant maintenance personnel.
- Ensure that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Communicate regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Assist with hiring of maintenance personnel.
- Conduct employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians.
- Maintain and update operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Initiate and implement projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Track, analyze and improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Maintain safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary education is preferred; Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is considered a strong asset.
- 5-7 years of heavy industry experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading a team.
- Wood products manufacturing experience is an asset.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of equipment maintenance practices.
- Experience in the use of computerized maintenance management systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of effective preventative/predictive maintenance methodologies and processes.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Maintain the highest standards with respect to safety at all times, leading by example and ensuring the team follows all policies, procedures, practices and regulations.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to think tactically and strategically.
- Detail/results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Strong business focus, maintain and work from a budget.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Diagram and schematic literate.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
401(k) Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.