Maintenance Planner in Training, Ear Falls, Ontario
When you join our team as a Maintenance Planner in Training, you will report to the Maintenance Superintendent and you will learn to lead the preventative maintenance program to ensure
maximum availability and efficiency of equipment. You will demonstrate innovation and will constantly look for new ways to increase productivity.
What You’ll Do
- Develops, maintains, and monitors programs and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as SAP, to maximize fast and reliable response to equipment problems, in compliance with health and safety rules.
- Plan, coordinate, organize and manage maintenance contracts, estimate maintenance activities, schedule manpower, shutdowns, work orders, purchase, backlog, equipment database, schedules and any other task needed to upgrade maintenance service level.
- Develops work plans for maintenance (PM, PdM and Corrective work) with necessary information to allow efficient scheduling, assigning and execution of maintenance work.
- Identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent re-occurrence.
- Update any corrections to the plan which are reported by the trades groups through the feedback report system to create an accurate data base for future assignment.
- In conjunction with the purchaser, organize « just in time » delivery to meet deadlines and participate in problem-solving with the team.
- Implement and deploy internal procedures and standards, industry excellence practices for maintenance, in collaboration with production.
- Follow departmental budgets to ensure good cost control.
- Maintain continuous improvement focus through effective leadership in maintenance meetings.
- Ensure prioritization of accurate and reliable resource depending on the type of problem occurring.
- Ensure that the maintenance group is adhered to and that employees understand and apply the determined maintenance process and health and safety procedures.
- Organize and facilitate regular planning meetings
- Possible relief / vacation coverage within the department, if needed.
What You Offer
- College diploma in Industrial Mechanics OR in Industrial Maintenance OR Bachelor’s degree in industrial/mechanical engineering, with relevant experience
- Have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a sawmill or manufacturing plant would be considered an important asset.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in managing technical teams in an industrial or manufacturing setting.
- Proven Health and Safety accountability and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
- Proven ability to lead in safety and engage people in process control management.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of electrical, mechanical (hydraulic, pneumatic), fabrication/welding and PLC programming.
- Proficient in SAP and MS Office Suite (Outlook and intermediate Excel)
- Hold a Millwright Inter-provincial Red Seal license would be considered an asset.
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Priorities and time management ability
- Ability to communicate technical information
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of programs; i.e. SAP, Oracle,etc.
- Ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships, teamwork and collaboration spirit.
- Strong analyzing and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.