Lumber Trader in Training, Montreal, Quebec
When you join our team as a Lumber Trader in Training, reporting to the Vice-President, Sales & Marketing, you will have the opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of logistics, planning and shipping, consignment management, procurement and sales. As a future Lumber Trader, you will work with the Sales team to promote, coordinate and manage sales of all products from our operations.
You will have the opportunity to participate in an intensive training program within our operational locations in Ontario and Quebec as well as our Sales & Logistic team in Montreal. You will have the opportunity to travel to our operation sites in Quebec and Ontario. This intensive training program will cover a period of 12 to 18 months.
What You’ll Do
- Actively contribute in the execution of the Sales and Marketing strategy to ensure the company maintains “preferred supplier”` status in its market.
- Contribute to the team effort of prospecting and maintaining service to key customer categories in order to optimize sales volumes, pricing, product mix, shipping and inventory.
- Work closely with Planning and Logistics to better manage and execute sales strategy.
- Manage a core group of external customers.
- Negotiate on a daily basis customer orders in order to maximize returns on different product mixes.
- Analyze on an ongoing basis customer business and needs to help the division attains its objectives and strategies.
- Continually build and maintain solid long term relationships with existing customers and ensure customer’s satisfaction.
- Provide outstanding customer service and after sales satisfaction; facilitating long-term relationships with a goal of insuring repeat business.
- Manage the files under his/her responsibility.
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Marketing, Finance or Economic.
- Two (2) to five (5) years relevant experience in a business environment.
- Bilingual (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant sales systems technology.
- Availability and interest in traveling approx. 25% of the time during training period.
- A customer-oriented approach, listening and communication.
- Negotiation skill and the ability to establish and maintain business relationships based on respect.
- Agility, planning, organization skill set.
- Team player ability in a changing business environment.
- Curiosity and business oriented.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.