Logistics Intern, Peachtree City, Georgia
When you join our team as a Logistics Intern, you will be part of the logistics team and work closely with sales and mill operations in a team environment designed to ensure maximum support for the supply chain processes.
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our interns by providing a working experience where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer competitive compensation for students including the following:
- Salaries starting from $3,000 per month based on year in school
- Temporary living and relocation assistance
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for daily dispatch of ready shipments to network of approved trucking vendors.
- Work with designated carriers, mill operations and the sales department to provide value to our customers through timely delivery of managed shipments.
- Manage the balance between freight expense and achieving commendable customer service.
- Negotiate freight rates and service conditions with trucking vendors.
- Accounts Payable processing and troubleshooting of freight payables.
- Implement quality delivery initiatives and processes that support Interfor’s mission and core values.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Offer
- Working towards a degree or diploma in Wood Products Processing, Logistics and Supply Chain Management or a related field.
- Ability to communicate clear and concise information in an accurate, informative, and professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with numerous interruptions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Effective problem-solving skills and ability to find creative solutions to challenging situations.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.