Logistics Coordinator, Rail, Peachtree City, Georgia
When you join our team as a Logistics Coordinator, Rail you will be responsible for rail logistics coordination for shipments from US Southeast operations.
What You’ll Do
- Manage railcar requirements at each operation including car ordering and inbound tracking.
- Communicate with sales and operations personnel regarding the availability of inbound empty equipment and troubleshoot problems with delays.
- Work with designated railroads and shortlines to ensure equipment requirements are met.
- Provide value to our customers through timely delivery of managed shipments.
- Manage the balance between freight expense and achieving commendable customer service.
- Manage rail process including ordering railcars to meet outbound shipping requirements, billing loaded cars, tracking in transit shipments and troubleshooting billing and freight issues.
- Monitor daily railroad EDI activity and provide prompt problem identification and solutions.
- Provide rate quotes, routes and freight optimization for destination inquiries from the Sales department.
- Set-up and maintain freight vendors, Geo-Area Locations and Customer Ship To Addresses.
- Accounts Payable processing and troubleshooting of freight payables.
- Implement quality delivery initiatives and processes that support Interfor’s mission and core values.
- Demonstrate awareness of customers’ needs and establish policies and practices to effectively meet those needs through practicable and feasible solutions.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Coordinators to ensure adequate transportation capacity has been secured to meet forward order fulfillment and delivery requirements.
- Track, dispute and
mitigate demurrage charges.
What You Offer
- Associate’s degree in business or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of rail logistics experience.
- Truck experience or exposure is an asset.
- Ability to communicate clear and concise information in an accurate, informative and professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task, deal with numerous interruptions and meet multiple demands.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet and work under tight deadlines.
- Effective problem solving skills and ability to find creative solutions to challenging situations.
- Ability to maintain effective communication with internal customers, carriers and transportation service providers.
- Self-motivated with ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Experience with LumberTrack software an asset.
- Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
- Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.