Logistics Coordinator, Montreal, Quebec
When you join our team as a Logistics Coordinator, you will report to the Director of Logistics, and in collaboration with the production units, you will be responsible for coordinating shipments with subcontractors to fill orders and for shipping finished products.
What You’ll Do
- Support sales strategy by shipping finished products respecting logistics’ constraints such as: delivery commitment, cost, etc.
- Work closely with sales, production, mills and carriers in order to optimize shipments and meet customer’s needs.
- Analyze and review shipping needs in order to achieve and optimize inventory and shipping targets.
- Provide support to the sawmills for any situation or issue involving transportation and/or logistics.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement and help implement them.
- Dispatch loads based on priorities and inventory availability.
- Work closely with carriers and other logistics service providers on daily basis to ensure inventory turns and shipping accuracy.
- Identify and suggest shipping alternatives to reduce costs and allow the company to remain competitive.
- Work with SAP system and related reports.
- Act as a back up for members of the logistics team as needed.
- Prepare various analyses and reports as needed.
- Perform all other related tasks.
What You Offer
- Diploma of college studies in logistics, transportation, or any other area deemed relevant, or the equivalent.
- Experience of five (5) to ten (10) years in logistics operations (truck and rail), in a manufacturing industrial environment.
- Experience in a similar role in the lumber industry is a major asset.
- Be comfortable using computer tools, such as Excel and SAP.
- Proficiency in French and English spoken and written.
- Excellent organizational skills, sense of urgency; and ability to adapt.
- Curiosity and business acumen.
- Demonstrate proactivity and discipline with deadlines.
- Excellent ability to establish and maintain good business relationships.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.