Log Handling & Scaling Supervisor, Chase, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Log Handling & Scaling Supervisor, you will be a key part of the operations team and will be responsible for all aspects of log handling, including scaling supervision, marine and towing operations, log dumps camp, and log inventories.
What You’ll Do
- Supervision of the woodlands hourly department responsible for log scaling, and log dump operations
- Implementation and supervision of log towing and camp operations, including contract management
- Log inventory counts for month end financials and sawmill production
- Implementation of Interfor’s log quality sampling program
- Financial budgeting and forecasting for towing, camp, log dump, and all other related log handling activities
- Safe operation of company log dumps, camps and scales
- Ensuring compliance with Interfor’s safety, environmental, and regulatory requirements
What You Offer
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar capacity within the forestry industry
- Background in operations, log quality, log scaling or marine operations
- Strong computer skills and related software knowledge including forestry applications
- A scaling ticket (valid or expired) would be considered an asset.
- Experience supervising hourly employees
- Provide strong safety leadership and the ability to identify and reduce risk throughout operations
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude in innovation, marine operations, log scaling, and log inventory
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with government agencies, contractors, suppliers, and stakeholders
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills and ability to work effectively in a highly Interactive / Energetic Team Environment
- Detail / Results Oriented
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor has posted the following expected salary range that the company believes in good faith could be offered to successful candidates. The salary offered is benchmarked to current market conditions and will also be based on numerous factors which can include work experience, skills, credentials, education, and other relevant factors. In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive a competitive benefits package and be able to participate in our Short-Term Incentive Bonus plan, with the payout amount subject to individual and corporate performance. If you have any questions regarding our salary range or our total compensation package, our recruitment team will be happy to advise you on what you can expect from us.
Expected range: $96,300 – $107,000 per year
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. You’ll receive a competitive benefits package including:
- Extended Health & Dental
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Participation in our Short-Term Incentive Plan (STIP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.