Lead Procurement Forester, Thomaston, Georgia
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3.9 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1.6 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions.
Come be a part of our success.
What You’ll Do
- Build, develop, and maintain relationships with suppliers, loggers, landowners, and industry partners.
- Assist in the development of log procurement strategies to help position sawmills as a low cost producer of lumber.
- Monitor and evaluate market data and information in the development of pricing and inventory strategies.
- Implement inventory strategies to align with mill needs, seasonal conditions, and current/forecasted markets.
- Work closely with mill management to ensure log supply and log quality is in crisp alignment with sawmill needs in order to maximize value and throughput.
- Assist and/or lead in the creation of budgets for all raw material activities.
- Locate, appraise, and purchase standing timber from private and corporate landowners as needed.
- Assist the Regional Byproduct Sales Manager with marketing and coordination of byproduct shipments.
- Represent the company through involvement in local and state forestry community and organizations.
What You Offer
- 10+ years of experience in log purchasing and wood procurement in the southeast is preferred.
- A 4 year degree in Forestry or related field is strongly preferred.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of to use Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of local log markets.
- Thorough understanding of supply chain logistics including the purchase, harvesting, and hauling of forest products.
- Strong math skills required.
- Possess strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Detailed and results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly interactive and energetic team environment.
- Strong negotiating skills (i.e. analytical, quick-thinking, innovative).
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.