you join our team as a Inventory Coordinator, reporting to the Director, Purchasing & Stores, you will be responsible for procuring and replenishing commodities, services, supplies, and equipment for the Val d’Or Sawmill. You will provide coordination of information between the unit and vendors, to maintain and upgrade a vendor list to support operations product or services needs. You will take responsibility for the materials physical
inventory management, monitors and reorganizes the supply chain to improve results on inventory levels, supplier performance, and cost management, with a view to providing products and services at the lowest possible cost.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and evaluate vendors of materials, equipment, services or supplies and determine product availability, terms of service or product, while respecting corporate preferred vendors.
- Provide operations with competitive quotations for non-stocked goods.
- Order and expedite material requirements in accordance with the operating needs of the business unit.
- Manage processes, systems and inventories to ensure the consistent and timely.
- Purchase and delivery of parts, equipment, supplies, and services to operations in compliance with corporate guidelines. (changing part numbers, information and documentation control of suppliers in the system).
- Ensure inventory management processes and guidelines are completed, including daily cycle counts and annual physical inventory.
- Ensure Shipping/Receiving tasks are completed on a daily basis.
- Control import, cross border and brokerage fees.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary diploma
or any other combination of studies related to purchasing / logistics
- 3 to 5 years of
experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of
computerized material and inventory management systems, MS Office including
- Excel, and mathematical skills.
- Forklift driving
experience is an asset.
- Excellent adaptability,
and communication skills (written and oral).
organization, and results orientation.
- Self-starter and able to
work with minimal supervision.
Who We Are
is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest
products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines
of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused,
world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies,
build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable
forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building
materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing
in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute,
grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring
to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll
also get a competitive benefits package.
want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training
programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of
opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development
Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an
interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must
successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor
is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability.