Inventory Coordinator, Nairn Centre, Ontario
When you join our team as a Inventory Coordinator, you will report to the Corporate buyer, and you will
be responsible for procuring and replenishing commodities,
services, supplies, and
equipment for the Nairn Sawmill. You
will provide coordination of information between the unit and vendors, to maintain and upgrade
a vendor list to support
operations product or services needs. You will take responsibility for the materials physical inventory management, monitors
and reorganizes the supply chain to
performance, and cost management, with a view to providing products and services at the
lowest possible cost.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and evaluate vendors of materials, equipment, services or supplies and determine product availability, terms of service or product, while respecting corporate preferred vendors.
- Provide operations with competitive quotations for non-stocked goods.
- Order and expedite material requirements in accordance with the operating needs of the business unit.
- Manage processes, systems, and inventories to ensure the consistent and timely.
- Purchase and delivery of parts, equipment, supplies, and services to operations in compliance with corporate guidelines (changing part numbers, information, and documentation control of suppliers in the system).
- Ensure inventory management processes and guidelines are completed, including daily cycle counts and annual physical inventory.
- Ensure Shipping/Receiving tasks are completed daily.
- Control import, cross border, and brokerage fees.
What You Offer
- Professional or college diploma or studies related to administration, purchasing/logistic field.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar position.
- Experience operating small forklifts is an asset.
- MS Office intermediate level with material management system usage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail and results oriented, with superior mathematical skills.
- Analytical in nature.
- Ability to organize workflow in a very busy environment.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.