Internal Auditor, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Internal Auditor, you will be responsible for the co-ordination and completion of the activities related to the annual audit plan, under the direction of the Director, Internal Audit.
What You’ll Do
- Determine scope of review in conjunction with the Director, Internal Audit.
- Develop and perform audit procedures to accomplish audit objectives effectively and efficiently in accordance with the annual audit plan following accepted and applicable frameworks, such as COSO.
- Perform the annual effectiveness testing procedures for NI52-109 compliance.
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit results and document processes.
- Critically evaluate Interfor’s processes and system of internal controls for effectiveness and efficiency, and identify opportunities to streamline and standardize accounting processes, policies, procedures and reporting.
- Advise on “best practices” approach for internal controls throughout the Company.
- Assist in the performance of audit procedures related to General IT Controls.
- Train and educate staff on the importance of internal controls.
- Analyze the internal and external business environment for trends and developments that have risk and/or internal control implications.
- Stay abreast of changes in regulations to ensure timely compliance.
- Assist and support in systems and financial projects in an advisory role.
- Report to the Director, Internal Audit.
- Work closely with Financial Systems and Controls Lead, and other Corporate and Divisional accounting staff.
What You Offer
- Experience in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating internal controls.
- Experience in financial process documentation.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, including IFRS.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills, and some experience with Microsoft Visio.
- Knowledge of risks and best practice frameworks such as COBIT and COSO frameworks, as well as IIA internal audit standards is an asset.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexibility in working hours and overtime as required to ensure that critical deadlines are met.
- Travel required in relation to the documentation and testing of internal controls at the divisional level.
- Strong decision-making and communication skills; ability to communicate clear and concise information in an accurate and persuasive manner.
- Ability to work well with others and demonstrate respect, dignity, and integrity in interpersonal relationships.
- Public company reporting experience is preferred.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.