Industrial Electrician (PLC’s, Manufacturing)
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as an Industrial Electrician in Perry, GA. Starting rate for this position is dependent upon skill level and experience.
What You’ll Do
- Perform any and all electrical repair and improvement projects throughout the entire mill site.
- Read, write, and understand electrical schematics, equipment drawings, and blueprints.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance duties.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair all Programmable Logic Controller (P.L.C.) controls, A.C inverters, or any other control systems throughout the mill site.
- Adhere to an absolute lock-out policy, ensuring that the power source is turned off, machine locked out, and tested to ensure isolation
- Effectively manage and plan work to accomplish job tasks with minimal direct supervision.
- Submit work requests.
- Fill out completed work orders listing work done, parts used, and time taken to complete the job.
- Perform any other duties in any area requested by Supervisor.
What You’ll Offer
- Two years of experience or a two year Technical Degree in electronics or related field.
- Ability to work from extended elevations using all established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Capable of communicating effectively and professionally with all plant personnel.
- Ability to train others in areas of electrical or mechanical systems to perform any routine preventative maintenance schedules.
- Ability to obtain the skills to be able to run any piece of equipment so that test runs can be performed for each machine on which repairs are made.
- Ability to acquire necessary skills to effectively perform any maintenance duties required anywhere on the mill site.
- Able to work flexible schedules which could include weekends, holidays, and call-in duties.
- Demonstrated self starter and ability to proactively find work to do.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.