Industrial Electrician, Georgetown,
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Industrial Electrician in Georgetown, SC. Competitive starting rate with potential to grow based on skill level and experience. *$1500 Sign On Bonus*
What You’ll Do
- Safely perform electrical service, installations, repair work, and improvement projects throughout the mill site.
- Maintain, repair, install, and test switchgear, transformers, meters, regulators, voltage controls, motor starters, etc.
- Adhere to an absolute lock-out policy, ensuring that the power source is turned off, machine locked out, and tested to ensure energy isolation.
- Troubleshoot equipment failures to locate the cause of a breakdown and make the necessary repairs to continue operations.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, or tests.
- Read, write, and understand electrical schematics, equipment drawings, and blueprints.
- Submit work requests and complete work orders listing work done, parts used, and time taken to complete the job.
- Effectively manage and plan work to accomplish job tasks with minimal direct supervision.
What You’ll Offer
- 2+ years of experience as an Industrial Electrician in a manufacturing operation or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in wood products manufacturing industry preferred.
- Ability to work from extended elevations using all established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to properly use tools ranging from common hand and power tools to precision instruments, electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Capable of communicating effectively and professionally.
- Ability to train others in areas of electrical or mechanical systems to perform any routine preventative maintenance schedules.
- Ability to obtain the skills to be able to run any piece of equipment so that test runs can be performed for each machine on which repairs are made.
- Able to work flexible schedules which could include weekends, holidays, and call-in duties.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.