Human Resources Generalist, Nairn Centre, Ontario
When you join our team as a Human Resources Generalist, under the leadership of the Human Resources
Manager, Regional Operations you will be responsible
for the organization of human resources functions for Nairn Operations. The
successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating HR programs, administering labour and employee relations, and
effectively implement HR programs and initiatives.
What You’ll Do
- Provide expertise and support for the mill in all aspects of HR including coordinating with recruitment, onboarding, performance management, leave management, discipline, employee relations, benefits, exit interviews and compliance.
- Assist with employee engagement and community engagement activities and coordination of events.
- Assist with Diversity and Inclusion initiative and provide input to idea generation and implementation of programs to support this initiative
- Administer and accurately maintain all required HR and employee documentation for hourly employees including employee files, organization charts, benefit enrollment forms and payroll records.
- Be accessible to employees by routinely spending time in the mill and following up on concerns and issues as they arise. Assist all employees with HR, benefit and payroll related queries or requests and act as liaison with various internal and external resources as needed.
- Provide support to the Mill Manager and leadership team in identifying and addressing employee relations issues and concerns.
- Provide labour relations support and basic contract interpretation.
- Administer Interfor policies and programs to ensure compliance that is consistent with Core Values. Assist with the application of the Drug and Alcohol policy and program and support cases.
- Assist with attendance management and leave management programs and ensure compliance.
- Coordinate with HR Manager on Injury Management and Return to Work programs.
- Support core business objectives and vision.
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s degree in a related Human Resources field.
- 5+ years of experience in human resources, in an industrial environment (ideally in a unionized environment).
- Recruitment experience with experience using an ATS is an asset.
- Skilled with MS Office Suite.
- Experience with HRIS (ADP Workforce Now preferred).
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel between Interfor sites.
- On-site position to provide daily support to our employees.
- Good understanding of principles of human resources and labour relations competencies and legislative compliance requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Ability to communicate clear and concise information in an accurate informative manner.
- Effective listener.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Extended Health & Dental
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.