Human Resources Coordinator, Chase, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Human Resources Coordinator, you will be responsible for fulfilling Interfor’s full-cycle skilled trades recruitment needs and creating a robust pipeline
of talent for Interfor’s skilled trades (millwrights, sawfilers, electricians,
planer technicians) positions across BC Operations in union and non-union
operations. The HR Coordinator will collaborate with the Corporate Recruiting
team, BC Operations HR team, and Hiring Managers to assist with the development
of workforce plans, internal apprenticeship programs along with externally
sourcing skilled trades talent for out 3 mills across BC.
What You’ll Do
- Build excellent working relationships within HR and operations and proactively get to know the business to understand and anticipate recruitment needs.
- Review workforce plans and HR metrics to create internal programs to address skilled trades hiring needs including external sourcing and creating and implementing internal apprenticeship programs.
- Coordinate all activities involved in the recruitment and selection of hourly operational/trades/maintenance employees including planning and hosting hiring events across BC Operations in virtual and in person environments.
- Manage full cycle recruitment activities including job postings, interviewing, onboarding/offboarding, and other similar activities as required.
- Assist with digitizing employee files at operations.
- Assist with Interfor’s Diversity & Inclusion initiatives by building relationships with diverse network groups to source diverse candidates.
- Proactively seek out and execute innovative ways to attract and retain hourly employees
- Collaborate with the corporate recruiting team to implement and embed existing recruitment processes, community relations activities, and brand standards.
- Maintain recruitment records and manage data through ATS, Cornerstone OnDemand.
- Lead the coordination of all activities related to planning and hosting virtual and in-person hiring and community events across BC Operations.
- Providing training and support to hiring managers and staff involved in the selection process.
- Produce regular and ad-hoc recruitment reports including time to fill HR Metrics.
- Develop and manage a workforce consumption forecast with operations leadership and HR to ensure Interfor is proactively meeting its current and future skilled trades needs.
- Travel as needed within BC Operations to provide HR coverage and assist with implementation of HR initiatives.
What You Offer
- Minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience preferably in an industrial sector with a focus on recruitment for production and skilled trades roles.
- Relevant work experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment considered a strong asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Cornerstone or related ATS.
- Tableau experience preferred.
- Diversity and inclusion experience highly desirable.
- Workforce planning experience highly desirable.
- Maintain a valid BC Driver’s License.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours as required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to build and manage relationships with hiring managers and HR teams in- person and remotely.
- Strong networking and communication abilities to connect and ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the hiring process.
- Experience with virtual interviewing platforms.
- Knowledge of skilled trades positions and British Columbia training and apprenticeship regulations including Red Seal, mandatory certification and union requirements.
- Experience creating and implementing internal apprenticeship programs.
- Experience with managing the recruitment process with data and measuring HR recruitment metrics.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment across various locations.
- High level of energy, motivation, initiative, and commitment.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Extended Health & Dental
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.