Human Resources Coordinator, Belledune, New Brunswick
When you join our team as a Human Resources Coordinator, you will be responsible for fulfilling full-cycle hourly recruitment processes for the New Brunswick Operations with heavy focus placed on skilled trades recruitment needs and creating a robust pipeline of talent for Interfor’s skilled trades (millwrights, sawfilers, electricians, planer technicians) positions. The HR Coordinator will collaborate with the Corporate Recruiting team, the Canadian Operations HR team and Hiring Managers to assist with the development of workforce plans, internal apprenticeship programs and to externally source talent for the New Brunswick region.
Although our preference is for the successful candidate to be based at our mill in Belledune, NB, we would be open to this individual being based at our mill in Bathurst, NB.
What You’ll Do
- Build positive working relationships within HR and operations to understand the business to anticipate recruitment needs.
- Review workforce plans and HR metrics to create internal programs to address skilled trades hiring needs including external sourcing and creating and implementing internal apprenticeship programs.
- Coordinate all activities involved in the recruitment and selection of hourly operational/trades/maintenance employees including planning and hosting hiring events in virtual and in person environments.
- Manage full cycle recruitment activities including job postings, interviewing, onboarding activities, and conducting exit interviews.
- Support the achievement of Interfor’s diversity goals at all stages of the full-cycle recruitment process.
- Assist with community engagement events to build Interfor’s employment brand.
- Build relationships with diverse network groups to source diverse candidates.
- Proactively seek out and execute innovative ways to attract and retain hourly employees.
- Collaborate with the corporate recruiting team to implement and embed existing recruitment processes, community relations activities, and brand standards.
- Maintain recruitment records and manage data through ATS, Cornerstone OnDemand.
- Lead the coordination of all activities related to planning and hosting virtual and in-person hiring and community events across our New Brunswick Operations.
- Provide training and support to hiring managers and staff involved in the selection process.
- Produce regular and as required recruitment reports such as time to fill, trends in applications, etc.
- Travel as needed within NB Operations to provide support, as required, for additional HR functions or provide vacation coverage for HR Generalists.
- Support employee relations activities such as retention interviews and employee engagement events.
- Support the filling of internal vacancies by administering the internal posting process.
- Support employee inquires as needed (ex: benefits forms, direct pay inquires to payroll, etc.).
- Use discretion and maintain confidentiality when dealing with personal information or business needs.
What You Offer
- Minimum of 2 years of Human Resources or recruitment experience preferably in an industrial sector.
- Relevant work experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, ability to learn new software and use technology for data tracking purposes.
- Diversity and inclusion experience highly desirable.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License which allows for unrestricted travel across New Brunswick.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to build and manage relationships with hiring managers and the HR team in-person and remotely
- Fluent in English and French.
- Strong networking and communication abilities to connect and ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the hiring process.
- Experience with managing the recruitment process with data and measuring HR recruitment metrics.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment across locations
- High level of energy, drive, initiative, and commitment.
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
- Extended Health & Dental
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.